Brie Larson Tells GQ: I Think About Quitting Actin Every Day

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Brie Larson Tells GQ: I Think About Quitting Actin Every Day


This weekend Barie Larson's new movie " The Gambler" hits theater
and she sat down with GQ to chat about her fun and crazy life .
The “Spectacular Now” starlet told writer Zach Baron that 
she absolutely loves her gal pal Shailene Woodley, "I really 
appreciate the fact that she saw me for me before even I did. 
Before I could even recognize it and feel strong in that. I can't 
think of anything in particular that she's actually said—it's more
 just every time we see each other we cry and we hold each other 
and we look in each other's eyes and we kind of go, like, ‘This 
world is sooo interesting."
Ms. Larson is also into spirit animals, "I was like, 'Yeah but
 for sure I'm an eagle and a lion.’ And I pulled them and I got 
prairie dog. I got a beaver. I got a gopher. I got a chipmunk. I got 
all burrowing small prey. My center was a black panther. But it's
 like black panther mixed with like six other small rodents. So I'd 
say at this point like 80 percent of me is rodent. And I had a really
 hard time accepting that."
Meanwhile, Brie thinks about jumping ship from the acting game 
on a daily basis. "Today. Every day. I think it is the fact that I want
 to quit that keeps me going. It's very complicated. But I think part
 of this whole exploration with every job that I do is, in terms of 
overcoming fear and by overcoming the fear I feel so much more
 complete, and I learn something new about myself. It can get 
really messy inside my head and it's usually just because everybody
 can get really self-centered at some point. And so what usually keeps
 me from quitting is that my reasons for quitting are just lame."