Emily Blunt Reveals How She Saved Meryl Streep's Life

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Emily Blunt Reveals How She Saved Meryl Streep's Life


Emily Blunt has revealed that she saved Meryl Streep's life on the set of the upcoming Into The Woods. James Cordon has told he feared Meryl Streep was going to die when they filmed upcoming musical fantasy film 'Into the Woods'.
Cordon Recalled, "(She) starts to fall back, head first. Time slowed down and I thought, 'I'm about to watch Meryl Streep die. It's happening.' I wish I could say I didn't consider my own career in this,"
John Krasinski's wife said, "We were rehearsing a scene where she's playing the Witch and she's supposed to jump on the table with a cape and everything. And I just saw this thing happen in slow motion. You know when you see something awful happen and it's like the sound cuts out? Meryl Streep's foot got caught in her cape and we just slowly stared to watch her topple head first towards the concrete floor."


"Rob Marshall and James Corden froze, didn't move," she continued,
 "And the pregnant woman caught her…so she owes me, big time."
Earlier in the interview, Emily had discussed starring alongside
 Meryl in Into The Woods and joked, "Yeah, she tormented me in 
that [Devil Wears Prada] and now she's tormenting me in this movie,"


 "She's the Witch that has cast a horrible spell on our house. 
So I just said this is it we couldn't have any other dynamic now.
 You just have to hate me."
"Well she owes me. That's why I think at some point I should 
play the Queen of Versailles and she could be my lonely 
dressmaker…" she said. "I mentioned it to her and her response
 was 'dream on.'"